1)你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。
(reasonable)You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising.2) 总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育。
(in general)In general, children are healthier and better educated than ever before.3) 待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。
(come along)Wh en the right opportunity comes along, he’ll take it.4)每天他都留出点时间跟家人在一起,享受生活。
(set aside)Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life5) 我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。
(hand in hand)I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father6) 他最终辜负了父母的期望。
(live up to)He finally failed to live up to his parents’ expectations.相比之下,我们的用油量大幅度上升了。
(in contrast)In contrast, our use of oil has increased enormously.8) 经过努力,他成功地克服了自己的致命弱点。
(overcome)He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness.1) 人们认为,悲观常常会导致绝望、疾病和失败。
It is believed that pessimism often leads to hopelessness, sickness and failure.2) 与此相反,乐观主义能使你幸福、健康和成功。
Optimism, by contrast, can make you happy, healthy and successful.3) 当你做某件事失败时,把失败当作一种学习的经历从中汲取益处。
When you fail in something, profit from the failure as a learning experience) 在问题或困难面前,要想想自己的长处并树立起自信心。
Think about your strengths and build up self-confidence in front of problems or difficulties.5) 不要让消极的想法阻碍你。
Don’t let negative thoughts hold y ou back.6) 每个人都经历过失败和失望,因此不要过多地责怪自己。
Everyone has experienced failures and disappointments, so don’t blame yourself too much.1) She wore a dress ____with a pattern of rose__________ (有玫瑰图案) on it.2) Helen had ____prepared a wonderful/good meal for us_ (为我们准备了一顿丰盛的饭菜).3) Ann _______promised faithfully___ (信誓旦旦地保证) that she would never tell.4) Could you ____deliver this letter__ (把这封信送到) to the accounts department?5) We were offered ____a selection of milk and plain____chocolate (精选的牛奶巧克力和纯巧克力).6) Tell the children to ___keep out of mischief / behave themselves_____(别胡闹).7) We could hear _____the sound of distant thunder_____ (远处打雷的声音).8) The project has now __received approval from the government (得到政府的批准).9) Kelly loved her husband ____in spite of the fact that he drank too much (虽然他喝酒太多).10) Experts seem unable to ____agree whether the drug is safe or not_ (就这个药是否安全取得一致意见).1. Not every bomb has hit its target.并非每个炸弹都击中了目标。
2. We can have one or the other but not both simultaneously.我们能够得到其中一个,但不能同时两个都有。
3. She wanted nothing more than work.她只想要工作。
4. You cannot be too careful.你越仔细越好。
5. I have yet to receive an apology from a child who just ran over my foot while chasing a sibling.有个小孩在追逐自家的兄弟姐妹时踩了我的脚,却仍未向我道歉。
1. 并非所有父母都和你一样能提供很多情况。
Not all parents are as informative as you2. 无风不起浪There is no smoke without fire.3.我感觉再好不过了。
I could not feel much better4.我最不想见到的就是他。
He was the last person I expected to see.5.作为一名足球手,格兰特是首屈一指的。
As a football player, Grant is second to none.1) 由于紧急情况,这位医生几小时内都没有空。
(because of)Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.2) 税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?(affect)How will taxes affect people with low incomes?3) 我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴。
(in the long run)My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.4) 这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。
(rang…from…to)These books range in price from $10 to $205) 在我看来你没有什么选择。
(It seems to me that…)It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.6) 考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已经做得相当不错。
(given)Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.7) 对这么一幢大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需要的钱。
(take into consideration)For such a big house the price is fairly cheap/ low, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.8) 我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?(arise from)Can we begin with discussing questions/ problems arising from the last meeting?1) 几年前他心脏动了一次大手术。
(undergo)He underwent a major heart surgery several years ago2) 我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期。
(estimate)We estimated that it would take a week to finish the work.3) 我过去喜爱摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了。
(pursue)I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies.4) 你可以爱一个人而不一定要跟他结婚。
(not necessarily)You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.5) 恐怖分子(terrorist)采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的。
(resort to)Terrorists resort to violence to achieve their political aims.6) 他说他下午会呆在办公室里,以便万一你要见他。
(in case)He says he’ll stay in the office this afternoon in case you want to see him.7) 科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因。
(identify, abnormal)Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.8) 这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得多么差。
(demonstrate, resume)These examples demonstrate how badly some students write their resumes.1) 看到所有的人在办公室外走来走去,我变得更焦虑了。