当前位置:文档之家› 新编大学英语3课后习题翻译

新编大学英语3课后习题翻译

新编大学英语3 第二版(课后翻译习题)Unite 1(P17)1) 你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。

(reasonable )You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising.2) 总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育。

(in general)In general children are healthier and better educated than ever before.3) 待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。

(come along)When the right opportunity comes along, he’ll take it.4)每天他都留出点时间跟家里人在一起,享受生活。

(set aside)Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life.5) 我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。

(hand in hand)I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father.6) 他最终辜负了父母的期望。

(live up to)He finally failed to live up to his parents’ expectations.7) 相比之下,我们的用油量最大幅度上升了。

(in contrast)In contrast, our use of oil has increased enormously.8) 经过努力,他成功地克服了自己的致命弱点。

(overcome)He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness.Unite 3(P113)1)由于紧急情况,这位医生几个小时内都是没有空。

(because of)Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.2) 税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?(affect)How will taxes affect people with low income?3) 我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴。

(in the long run)My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.4) 这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。

(range from… to)These books range in price form $10 to $20.5) 在我看来你没有什么选择。

(it seems to me that…)It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.6) 考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做到相当不错了。

(given)Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.7) 对这么一栋大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需的钱。

(take into consideration)For such a big house the price is fairly cheap/low, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.8)我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?(arise from)Can we begin with discussing questions/problems arising from the last meeting?Unite 4(P163)1) 几年前他心脏动了一次大手术。

(undergo)He underwent a major heart surgery several years ago.2) 我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期。

(estimate)We estimated that it would take a week to finish the work.3) 我过去喜爱摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了。

(pursue)I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies.4) 你可以爱一个人而不一定要跟他结婚。

(not necessarily)You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.5) 恐怖分子采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的。

(resort to)Terrorists resort to violence to achieve their political aims.6) 他说他下午会呆在办公室里,以便万一你要见他。

(in case)He says he’ll stay in the office this afternoon in case you want to see him.7)科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因。

(identify, abnormal)Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.8) 这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得这么差。

(demonstrate, resume)These examples demonstrate how badly some students write their resumes.Unite 5(P216)1) 看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去,我变得更焦急了。

(to and fro)Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office, I became more worried.2) 最终他会明白谁是他真正的朋友。

(in time)In time he will see who is his true friend.3) 那位科学家的实验产生了一种新药。

(give birth to)That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug.4) 大半个冬天他都因病被困在屋里。

(shut...in)He had been shut in by illness during much of the winter.5) 他们一有机会就会练习英语口语。

(at the first opportunity)They would practice spoken English at the first opportunity.6)她所珍爱的一切或许会在一夜之间化为乌有。

(sweep away)Everything she valued might be swept away overnight.7) 临近学期结束时,同学们都忙着准备考试。

(the close of)Towards the close of the term, all the students are busy preparing for the finals.8) 这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去。

(long for)It is a very cold winter and we long for it to be over.Unite 7(P296)1)我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。

(involve)I didn’t realize putting on/staging a play involved so much work.2)最重要的不是你所说的,而是你所做的。

(...no what ...but what...)The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.3) 在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的。

(in such circumstances)This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.4)你不是第一次处于这种情形。

(fine oneself...)It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation.5)这个困难促使我弄脑筋找出答案。

(challenge)This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.6) 将要出现的新的威胁是失业。

(on the horizon, unemployment)The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.7)我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法。

(alternative)We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.8) 他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。

(slip into)He slipped into the old habit of drinking.Unite 9(P387)1)我趁今天天气好去打网球去了。

(take advantage of)I took advantage of the fine weather today to play tennis.2) 你甚至可以在湖里游泳——如果你想去的话。

(feel inclined to)You may even swim in the lake—if you feel inclined to.3)巨大的音乐声使他又感到一阵头痛。

(bring on)The loud music brought on another one of his headaches.4) 粗心的人易犯错误。

(be apt to)A careless person is apt to make mistakes.5) 这项实验发现了一种治疗癌症的方法。

相关主题