选词填空1.After the accident it took a long time before she had the confidence to get on a plane again2.事故发生后,花了很长时间,她才有信心再次乘坐飞机3.The poor man is holding down three jobs at the same time in order to support his family.4.那个可怜的人在同一时间进行了(保有)三工作以支持他的家庭5.6.7.The company has appointed a new sales director.8.9.10.我仍然可以想象她漂亮的眼睛和甜美的微笑。
11. Everyone thought Henry would take over the company after his father died.12.每个人都认为亨利会接管公司后,他的父亲死了13.Why don’t you call on my sister when you’re in Brighton?14.你在布莱顿的时候为什么不打电话给我的姐姐15. The shop assistant tried to recommend the new arrival to the customer.16.售货员极力向顾客推荐新到达的产品17. The customer officer waved them on impatiently.18.工作人员不耐烦地向他们挥手19. Y ou know, it is a(n) universally accepted point of view.20.你知道,这是一个普遍接受的观点。
21.22.23.政府必须承认发生了什么,做些什么。
24. Horton takes delight in reading. Whenever I see him, he is reading.25.26.27.我不想去参加那个聚会;此外,我感冒了,所以我不能去28.29.30.我的工作每天为我提供和新人见面的机会31. In most cinemas nowadays smoking is forbidden.32.33.34.他声称见过市长,但没有人相信他。
35. The museum was founded in 1824 and contains one of the large collections of paintings.36.博物馆成立于1824,包含一个大画。
37.38.39.他的耳朵对机器中任何不正常的声音是高度敏感的40. The thief was caught by the police almost at once. As for the stolen things, they were not found.41.小偷被警察抓住了几乎一次。
至于偷去的东西,他们没有发现42. Whoever has knowledge should be properly treated regardless of his educational background.43.44.45.他渴望当教师受到尊重的好日子46. At the close of trading on the stock market, China Mobile shares were up to $37.47.48.绝望49.50.51.52.地球上的生命是如何开始的是一个伟大的科学之谜53.54.55.56.57.58.注定要失败的59.60.61.以前见过他一两次62. While he was in the office he preferred doing something to doing noting.63.64.最终会住院65.66.67.的政治观点太复杂到一般人的支持68. The movie transformed her almost overnight form an unknown schoolgirl into a megastar. 这部电影将她一夜之间形成一个未知的女生变成一位超级巨星。
69.70.计算机应随时访问的教师和学生71. Y oung women are always interested in the trends of fashion.72.73.74.75.76.77.78.79.80.81.82.83.84.85.86.父母往往乐于强将自己的道德价值观对他们的孩子87. At the end of their meeting, it was announced that an agreement had been reached.88.会议结束时,宣布已经达成的协议89. No one was hurt, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.没有人受伤,我们都松了一口气90.通过这个去检查你的拼写91.“How did you manage while you were unemployed?” “Luckily, I had some savings.”92.93.我试图获得通过,但有人挡住了我的路中译英1. 上司还是觉得他们的工作没有达到要求(fall short of sth.)The boss still thought that their work fell short of his requirements.2. 珍妮参加了比赛而且赢得了奖项。
(and,award)Jane took part in the game and won the award.3. 能够见到老朋友,我说不出有多高兴。
(describe)I could not describe my happiness to see my old friends.4. 我们根据你的工作量来付报酬。
(according to)Y ou will be paid according to the amount o f work you’ve done.5. 我也不知道我的表怎么不走了。
(see no reason)I see no reason why my watch doesn’t work.6. 澳大利亚是少数几个沿左侧开车的国家之一。
(one of…,where)Australia is one of the few countries where people drive on the left.7. 露营了几天后我们都渴望有一张床。
(long for)We longed for a bed after several days of camping.8. 吉姆是如何做到比我们先到这里的,这在我是一个难解之谜。
(mystery)It was a mystery to me how Jim managed to get here before us.9. 她很高兴有机会和一个与自己一样喜欢古典音乐的人交谈。
(opportunity)She was delighted to have an opportunity to talk someone who share her interest in classical music.10. 这座山构成了两国之间天然的屏障。
(barrier)The mountain forms a natural barrier between the two countries.11. 新来的校长很担心那些不听话的小孩。
(concern)The new principal shows great concern about those troubled children.12. 大家都选那活跃的男孩当我们的学生会主席。
(elect;council)Every one of us has elected the active boy president of our student council.13. 重视弱势群体的发展是构建和谐社会的关键。
(community;crucial)Focusing on the development of inferior community is crucial to foundation of harmonious society.14. 报名选修这门课的学生昨晚才到一半。
(sign up for;show up)Only half of the students who have signed up for the course showed up last night.15. 可能你会不喜欢她,但你必须承认她工作做得不错。
(admit)Y ou may not like her, but you have to admit that she’s good at her job.16. 如果您希望的话,我们可以送货上门。
(deliver)We can deliver goods to your door if you like.17. 单就一房间就发现住了多达10到12个人。
(as many as)As many as ten to twelve people had been found living in a single room.18. 这家商店有个专门处理客户投诉的部门。
(complaint)The store has a special department to handle customer complaints.19. 他把自己对这个问题的看法强加于我。
(impose)He imposed on me his own idea about the issue.20. 近10年来,该国家的税收负担已经从公司转到了个人。
(shift from… to…)In this country, the taxation burden has been shifted from companies to individuals in the pass ten years.21. 据估计,这个国家的人口到2030年将达到两亿。
(estimate)It is estimated that the population of this country will reach 20 million by the year 2030.英译中1. In the twenty-three years of their marriage, Mrs. Bennet had not succeeded in understandingher husband’s odd character. She was much easier to understand. She was a woman of limited intelligence, who was often bad-tempered and who complained about her nerves whenever shewas unhappy. Her main aim in life was to get her daughters married.结婚23年来,贝内特太太始终没能摸透丈夫古怪的脾气。