当前位置:文档之家› 新起点大学英语第二册翻译

新起点大学英语第二册翻译

UNIT11.他的工作与动物有关。

His work has something to do with animals.2.为了天黑前到达,我们早早地动了身。

In order to arrive before dark, we started early.3.从她的口音判断,她一定是个北方人。

Judging by her accent, she must be from the North.4.如果你们要她来,就事先通知她。

If you want her to come, inform her in advance.5.我不清楚他为什么改变了主意。

I don't know why he changed his mind.6.多数人一旦学会游泳,就会喜欢上它的。

Most people like to swim once they have learned how (to swim).7. 你现在准备的越充分,考试时就越有信心。

The more preparations you make now, the more confidence you'll have in the exam. 8. 英语学好了,你就会经常用它。

而经常使用反过来又会使你学得更好。

If you learn English wll, you will use it often. The frequent use, in turn, will make you learn better.UNIT 21.我正在照料附近工厂的一位工人。

I am taking care of a worker from a neighoring factory.2. 我昨天晚上上床以后对这个问题反复进行了思考,但仍然找不到解决方法。

After going to bed last night, I turned the matter over and over in my mind and still could't find a solution.3. 不管天气多冷或多热,我都每天坚持练习。

No matter how cold or hot it is, I keep practicing every day.4. 为了得到所期望的一切,你应该从今天就开始努力。

To achieve what yo haope for, you should start working hard from today.5. 虽然分别了三年,但我们仍然保持着友谊。

Although we have been apart from each other for three years, we still keep our friendship going.6. 天下雨了。

结果我们大家都没能去听音乐会。

It rained. As a result, none of us could go to the concert.7. 如同很多大学生一样,我们学校的学生非常爱看这个作家的小说。

Like many college students, students of our universtity love to read the novels of this author.8. 我的健康在很大程度上都归功于医生和护士的照顾。

My health is to a large extent due to the care by the doctors and nurses.UNIT 31.大约200人出席了昨天的会议。

An estimated 200 people attended yesterday's meeting.2. 我很喜欢那所面对大海并有两扇大窗户的房子,可是我买不起。

I like thehouse with two large windows facing the sea, but just can't afford it.3. 根据新的规则,乱贴光广告最高可以罚款一万元。

Accoring to the new regulation, posting ads without permission can be fined for as much as 10,000 yuan.4. 在很大程度上,我们对自己的言行负有责任。

To a great extent, we are responsible for what we say and (what you) do.5. 我们应该充分利用因特网上的各种资源。

We should make the most of all kinds of resources on the Internet.6. 如果你满足于每个月只挣2这么一点点钱的话,卖报倒是个蛮好的工作。

If you are content to make such a small amount of money every month, selling newspapers is a pretty good job f or you.7. 观察与探索是在科学研究中做出新的重要发现的常用方法。

Observation and exploration are common means in scientific research that could bring major discoveries.8. 只有当初你彻底分析了情况以后才能搞清这些关系。

You can't understand the relationships untill you analyze the situation in great depth.UNIT 41.如今,我们越来越依赖信息与计算机技术。

Nowadays we are increasingly relying on information and computer technology.2. 这意味这条新规定对国有企业喝死人企业都很有利。

This means the new regulation is of great benefit to both the state-owned and the private businesses.3. 他正在慢慢的适应下岗人员的生活。

He is slowly adapting to the life of a laid-off worker.4. 人事部经理说:“首先,你必须集中精力考虑以下问题”.The personnel manager said, "First, you must focus on the following problems."5. 梦想有缘不会成为现实,除非人们明白实现这一梦想要做什么。

A dream will never become a reality unless one understands what it will take to achieve the dream.6. 由于生意不景气,公司让20名工人下岗。

As business is bad, the company laid off twenty workers.7. 这家公司生产的这些产品有专门用途。

The products manufactureed by this company are for specific purposes.8. 彼得正在找工作,因为他的钱仅够维持一个月。

Peter is hunting for a job now, as his money will only last him one month.UNIT51.她很小心,不会在开车时冒险。

She is very careful. She won’t take a risk when driving.2.那些酷爱足球的人可以享受到巨大的乐趣。

Those who have a passion for football can experience great enjoyment.3.除了青少年以外,其他年龄的男男女女也都喜欢登山。

In addition to teenagers, males and females of other ages also enjoy mountaineering. 4. 他的学生们对他十分尊敬。

His students look upon him with respect.5. 邀请来给我们作演讲的是史密斯博士。

It was Dr. Smith that we invited to give us a lecture.6. 比起普通邮件,电子邮件的优点之一是速度快。

One of the advantages of e-mail over a regular mail is that it is fast.7. 只有具有健康的身体,我们才能学习好、工作好。

Only with good health, can we study well and work well.8. 如果将汤姆与其他同学相比,你会发现他既会用功又懂得休息。

If you compare Tom with his classmates, you will find he works hard and knows how to relax.UNIT 61.母亲出去工作了,所以父亲负责在家照看孩子。

The mother went out to work, so the father took responsibility for looking after the children at home.2.研究表明吸烟与肺癌直接相关。

Research shows that smoking is directly related to lung cancer.3.父母应该关心孩子在学校里的表现,Parents should be concerned about their children's performance at school.4. 过分担心身体可能真的会使你生病。

Your too much worry over your health may really make you sick.5. 村长指出,由于人们从全国各地纷纷前来参观这棵树,它已经成了一个财源。

The head of the village pointed out that the tree had become a source of income, as tourists had been coming fr om all parts of the country to see it.6. 妈妈说:巧克力可以吃,但每天只能吃一块。

相关主题