当前位置:文档之家› 商务礼仪英语中英文对照讲课教案

商务礼仪英语中英文对照讲课教案

商务礼仪英语中英文对照篇一:商务礼仪中英对照Etiquette for Business DinnerYour image matters, especially when you're in a business environment. Whether you're going to a business lunchwith your peers, recruiters, clients or partners, you need to make sure you behaveappropriately. We've put together thishandy guide, with tips gathered fromthebusiness etiquette, to help make sure thatsomeone call you out at your next businessmeal.Before the Meal餐前礼仪◇Shake hands with all present at the table. If necessary, introduce yourself. Concentrate on remembering your与到场的客人握手s name.'host/hostess致意,如果需要,介绍一下自己。

努力记住男女主人的姓名。

◇Remain standing until host sits.在主人落座之前保持站立。

◇Place your napkin on your lapaftereveryone is seated and after your host hasmoved his/her napkin.在所有人落座之后,主人展开餐巾,这时你也可以将餐巾展开平铺在膝盖以上部位。

◇Don't ask the waiter to explain everything on the menu; you will annoyothers and appear indecisive.不要让侍者为你一一讲解菜单上的菜品,这样会招人讨厌而且显得你缺乏主见。

◇Let the host take the lead when ordering; this will give you an idea of whatto eat. If the host isn't first in line to order,then ask for his/her recommendation.点餐时让主人先点,这样也可以给你一个参考。

如果主人不是第一个点餐的,那么你可以让他给你推荐。

expensivemost the order t 'Don◇item on the menu and don't order any unfamiliar food.不要点菜单上最贵和最不常见的菜品。

◇Don't drink alcohol; if you choose to drink, limit it to one beer or glass of wine.During the Meal进餐礼仪◇If your place is set with more thanone fork, begin from the outside andworkyour way in.如果你面前摆了不止一把叉子,正确的顺序是由外到内依次使用。

◇When looking at the place setting in front of you, remember: solids on yourleft , liquids on your right .关于食物的摆放:你餐桌的左前方应摆放固体食物(如面包盘),右前方应摆放液体(如水、冰茶、咖啡)。

◇Cut your meat or meal one piece ata time; avoid dicing it into bite-sized pieces all at once.切肉或其他食物时每次只切一小块,而不应一次性全切成小块。

thewith fork or knife your Hold ◇thumb and three fingers, keeping the indexfinger extended on the handle.用拇指和另外三个手指拿刀叉,食指保持搭在手柄上。

◇Do keep your elbows off the table.不要把手肘放在桌子上。

◇When you speak, put your silverware on your plate, not on the table.讲话时,把餐具放在餐盘上,而不是餐桌上。

◇Don't speak with your mouth full.满嘴食物的时候不要讲话。

◇Avoid talking about religion, politics and other controversial (有争议的)topics.用餐期间避免谈论关于宗教、政治以及其他争议性话题。

◇Maintain good eye contact.与他人保持眼神交流。

◇Do take your time eating, talking and especially listening to everyone at thetable.除了用餐,以及和别人交流,尤其要在餐桌上倾听别人。

.◇Don't over indulge; this is not yourlast meal. And don't ask to finish anyoneelse's food.不要暴饮暴食,这不是最后一顿饭,也不要帮别人解决食物。

◇Don't lick your utensils(餐具)or fingers.不要舔餐具或手指。

◇Do say “please”and “thank you,”waiters do notice.需要侍者帮助时,对他们说“请问……”和“谢谢”。

After theMeal餐后礼仪◇When you are finished eating, place the knife and fork prongs(尖部)down side by side on the plate; the waiterwill understand this as the “I am finished”position.用餐结束后,将刀叉头朝下放置在餐盘上,侍者见状就明白你已用餐完毕。

◇Don't argue over that check or offer to pay the tip; the host who invitedyou must take care of both.不要抢着付账或小费,邀请你来用餐的主人一定会有所准备。

.◇Don't use toothpicks in the presence of the others.不要在别人面前使用牙签。

◇Make sure you thank the host for the meal. Shake hands before you leave and maintain good eye contact.务必感谢主人,临走前要与主人握手并直视对方的眼睛。

篇二:中西方商务礼仪Different Business Etiquette between China and theWestI. IntroductionBusiness etiquette is a kind of civilization accumulation of human becomes fixed during the business communication, being handed down fromgeneration to generation. It is also a kindof standard behavior observed by the businessmen in their communication. Different countries have different cultureisetiquette business their so traditions, also different from one another. There aregreat cultural differences between the cultural cores of Confucian in China andthe cores of Christian in the West, whichleads to some differences in the businessetiquette between China and West.II. The Influence of Cultural Differences on Business Etiquette Differences Between China and the WestGenerally speaking, the differences on business etiquette between China andthe West are influenced by several culturalfactors, such as values, view of time, viewof space, view of diet, verbal habits and nonverbal. The paper mainly focuses ontime and space approach.From the approach of timeThoreau once said,“If a man doesnotkeep pace with his companions, perhaps itis because he hears a different drummer.”Now, we use the phrase “thebeat of a different drummer”to explain anydifferent pace of life. The attitudes towardtime vary from culture to culture. And it isunderstandable that people of different cultures hold different views toward time.When it comes to international business,the view of time can be divided into twotypes, such as monochromic time andpolychromic time. Countries that followmonochromic time perform only one major activity at a time, while countries obeying polychromic time perform severalactivities simultaneously.The United States is a monochromic culture. In monochromic culture, time isregarded as something tangible. Time is seen as linear and manageable. Therefore,people concentrate on the task at hand, taking time commitments seriously and being accustomed to short-term relationships. For example, in the West, time is a kind ofTheresource. limited and precious business people attend the business meeting on time. If someone was late,would be considered to be lack of honesty.And the business people always expectto solve their business problems within twenty to thirty minutes. In monochromiccultures, it is considered a rude to do twothings at once, such as reading a journal ina meeting or answering the telephone while someone is in your office. Schedulesand keeping appointments are consistentwith value of people in monochromic cultures.Chinese people are typical example ofpolychromic cultures. Chinese peoplewell adapted to doing several things at once and do not mind interruptions. In their opinion, people are more importantthan schedules to members of polychromiccultures. Their lifestyle is less organizedthan that of monochromic people. In theireyes time is just like a circle that does nothave the end. So Chinese people are highlydistracted and subject to interruptions. They consider time to be casual and flexible. For example, to most Chinese today, time simply flows from one day tothe next. If a job is not done today, maybeit will be done the next day or the next. And the business meeting would generallylast for several hours.Compared with the Westerners, few Chinese equate time with money. When foreign businessmen arrive in China, mostChinese will make them settle down in hotels and give them an opportunity to restup. Because Chinese do not expect them toimmediately rush into business. However,generally this arrangement will be politelybut firmly rejected by visitors. When Chinese are involved in international business, they will get familiar with the Western concept“time is money”. Buttheydo not automatically relate it to the pace ofbusiness.Besides, Chinese do not pay much attention to the appointment. Sometimeseven if there is an appointment, the Chinese would not stick to it seriously. When people of different cultures interact,misunderstandings often arise as a result ofdifferent time view. For instance, in the Western countries, the business contact would be pre-arranged within three to fourweeks. Business people pre-arrange the business contact at least two weeks in America. The appointment is holy to Americans. In the business communication,if someone asks to have a business contactat the lastminute, he will be considered to maketrouble or insult the others. On the contrary,the Chinese people pay more attention torelationship. In their business activity, ifthere is an important person need to be primarythe cancel could they contacted, appointment to meet him. It is unacceptable to American business people.This example shows the cultural differences in time sense between Chinaand the West. And it becomes increasinglyimportant as modern business communications put more and more businessmen in daily contact. If we are toavoid misunderstanding, we need to knowbetter about our own cultural biases andthose of others.From the approach of space Space, is the physical distance between people when they are interacting.It is deeply influenced by culture. Whenpeople are having a conversation, the distance between them changes dramatically from one culture to another.Generally speaking, there are four zones when people interact: the intimatezone, the personal zone, the social zone,zone,intimate The zone. public the and less than meters, is reserved for a closefriend. And it appears briefly when the business colleagues shake hands. The personal zone, from meters to meters,is used for giving instructions to someonein an office. The social zone, from to meters, is used for impersonal and formal business meeting. The public distance, over meters, is the most formalzone.Americans tend to need more spaces than Chinese. When having a conversationwith Chinese, Americans will backawayfor the Chinese partner is standing too close. Standing too close to someone in theUnited States may leave a bad impressionon the others, as it implies the person is upset, overbearing, or he is making sexualadvances. These negative positions shouldbe avoided in the United States. In China,people prefer to stand close to each otherfriendlyand a normal think it is and theyway to communicate with each other. Besides, the arrangement of desks, chairs, and conference table also featurethe different styles of communication.When the United States people are conversing, they prefer the face-to-face arrangement of chairs whereas the Chineseprefer side-by-side arrangement. They likethis arrangement because they could avoiddirecteye contact through it.IV. ConclusionWith the globalization of the world economy, organizations are culturally diverse in handling all kinds of businessactivities, especially multinational cooperation. More and more business people have become aware of the strongimpact from culture. And they should havea good understanding of the otherbusinessetiquette culture beforehand, which is businessthe of sides both for beneficial people. Only in this way will it be possiblefor them to expand their business and make it more prosperous.篇三:外贸英语:国际实用商务礼仪18条外贸英语:国际实用商务礼仪18条恰到好处的商务礼仪在处理外贸事宜中是十分必要的。

相关主题