新英语900句之生活篇Lesson34:Worries担忧496. I’m worried about next week’s test.我担心下个星期的测验。
497. Don’t worry about me.别为我担心。
498. I’m worried for your safety.我担心你的安全。
499. Your driving concerns me.我担心你的行驶安全。
500. He doesn’t seem concerned about his health.他好象对自己的健康毫不关心。
501. It’s nothing that you should worry about.你无须担心任何事情。
502. His actions have always been a worry to me.他的行为总是让我担心。
503. This new information is very worrisome.这条新的信息很令人不安。
504. I’m a little concerned about the expense of this meal.我有点担心这顿饭的花费。
505. He is a real worry to his mother.他的母亲很担心他。
506. I’ve got some money troubles.我的手头有些拮据。
507. I’m a musician and I often don’t have regular jobs.我是个音乐家,经常没有固定的工作。
508. I’m good at English and history, but I’m really awful at the natural sciences. 我的英语和历史都很好,但是自然科学却很糟糕。
509. I can’t get rid of my worries.我不能摆脱忧虑。
510. I know I’m being silly, but I’ll worry about her for the rest of my life.我知道我这样很傻,但是我这辈子都会为她担心的。
【生词解读】1. concern [kEn5sE:n] v. 使担心;使不安2. worrisome [5wQrisEm] a. 令人烦恼的新英语900句之生活篇Lesson35:Deception欺骗511. You tricked me!你骗了我!512. I was deceived in this business deal.在这次生意中,我受骗了。
513. His words were very deceptive.他的话很有欺骗性。
514. You allowed yourself to be deceived.你让你自己受骗了。
515. Don’t be fooled by his friendly words.别被他的花言巧语所迷惑。
516. He was completely fooled by his enemy.他完全被敌人欺骗了。
517. Don’t let appearances deceive you.别让外表欺骗了你。
518. You can’t fool me that easily.你不能那么轻易地欺骗我。
519. He was tricked out of his money.他被骗钱了。
520. I can’t believe I was such a fool.我简直不敢相信我竟是这样一个傻瓜。
521. She would have contacted my parents if I couldn’t have come up with a good excuse.如果我给不出一个好的理由,她就会联系我父母。
522. It’s only a white lie, so it’s no big deal.这只是一个无恶意的小谎言,没什么大不了的。
523. My consciencey would weigh heavily on me.我的良心会狠狠地谴责我的。
524. I had to make something up so I wouldn’t get into trouble.我必须编造些理由才能避免惹上麻烦。
525. Are you sure that you had to be dishonest?你确定你是迫不得已才撒谎的吗?【生词解读】1. deception [di5sepFEn] n. 欺骗,欺诈2. trick [trik] v. 哄骗3. conscience [5kCnFEns] n. 良心;道义心;善恶观念4. deceptive [di5septiv] a. 迷惑的,骗人的5. deceive [di5si:v] v. 欺骗,蒙蔽6. dishonest [dis5Cnist] a. 不诚实的,不正直的;欺诈的新英语900句之生活篇Lesson36:Ridicule嘲笑526. He’s always making mistakes.他总是犯错误。
527. Does she always dress that badly?她总是穿得那么邋遢的吗?528. You are such an idiot.你真是个白痴。
529. What you are saying is ridiculous.你说的话很荒唐。
530. His argument is nonsense.他的论点毫无道理。
531. He is an awfuly actor.他是个很糟糕的演员。
532. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.那是我听到过的最愚蠢的事情。
533. He is the worst worker here.他是这里最糟糕的工人。
534. This poem is awful.这首诗很差劲。
535. Your music is hurting my ears.你的音乐简直刺痛了我的耳朵。
536. Then why was everyone laughing at me?那为什么每个人都在笑话我呢?537. They were having fun at my expense.他们是在拿我开心。
538. I don’t like the embarrassment.我不喜欢难堪。
539. Then that’s too bad, because I’m never going to put myself through that ordeal again.那太糟糕了,因为我再也不会让自己经受那样的折磨了。
540. Last week, I did something really dumb| and everyone laughed.上个星期,我干了一件大傻事,大家都笑我。
【生词解读】1. ridicule [5ridikju:l] n.&v. 嘲笑,揶揄,奚落2. idiot [5idiEt] n. 白痴3. ridiculous [ri5dikjulEs] a. 可笑的,荒谬的;滑稽的4. nonsense [5nCnsEns] n. 胡说;胡闹,愚蠢的举动5. awful [5C:ful] a. 【口】极坏的,极糟的6. stupid [5stju:pid] a. 愚蠢的,笨的7. ordeal [C:5di:l] n. 严峻考验;苦难,折磨8. dumb [dQm] a. 【口】愚笨的新英语900句之生活篇Lesson37:Flattery奉承541. You haven’t aged one bit.你一点也没有变老。
542. That dress looks marvelous on you.你穿那衣服棒极了。
543. Don’t try to impress me with flattery.别企图用奉承来给我留下好印象。
544. I’m not fooled by your false compliments.我不会被你的虚假的称赞所欺骗。
545. You played that piece wonderfully.你把那首曲子演奏得很好。
546. You sing like an angel.你唱起歌来像个天使。
547. He’s the best ball playe r I have ever seen.他是我见过的最好的球员。
548. You are our most valuable worker.你是我们最有价值的工人。
549. We are very impressed with your work.我们对你的工作很满意。
550. You have the best yard in the neighborhood.你家的院子是这附近最好的。
551. You are just the person I was hoping to run into.你就是我想遇见的人。
552. Because your smile brightens up my day.因为你的微笑使我的日子都明媚起来了。
553. Can’t I just enjoy your company?我可以和你在一起吗?554. I really like that dress you are wearing.我真的很喜欢你穿的这件衣服。
555. I just wanted to let you know how well I think you are running the office.我只是想跟你说,你把办公室管理得很好。
【生词解读】1. flattery [5flAtEri] n. 谄媚;奉承2. marvelous [5mB:v[l[s] a. 【口】妙极的;了不起的3. impress [im5pres] v. 给......极深的印象4. compliment [5kCmplimEnt] n赞美的话;恭维;敬意5. brighten [5braitn] vi明亮,变明亮;闪亮,生辉新英语900句之生活篇Lesson38:Sorrow悲伤556. I’m so sorry this has happened to you.你发生了这种事情,我感到很难过。
557. I can’t deal with this right now.我现在应付不了这个。
558. This is awful.这太糟糕了。
559. Are you crying?你在哭吗?560. I’ll be okay in a moment.我过一会儿就没事了。