当前位置:文档之家› 大学体验英语综合教程2课后翻译

大学体验英语综合教程2课后翻译

汉译英Unit 1 A1.任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票(vote).(be eligible to)→Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.2.每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。

(apply for,)→A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to each student before the start of each semester.3.遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。

(on the advice for)→On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking.4.公园位于县城的正中央。

(be located in)→The park is located right in the center of town.5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。

(facilities)→The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire.Unit 1 B1.他内心深处知道,他们永远也不会再见了。

(in one's heart)→He knew in his heart that they would never meet again. 2.他们同意出版他的第一本书后,他终于感到自己快要成功了。

(on the road to)→He finally felt that he was on the road to success after they agreed to publish his first book.3.它停下来喝了一口水,然后继续讲话。

(resume)→He stopped to take a sip of water and then resumed speaking.4.这个大项目使我们忙得今年都无法安排一次度假了。

(engage,so much that)→The big project engages us so much that we can’t manage to take a holiday this year.5.氧气是气体中最重要的一种,正如谁是液体中最重要的一种一样。

(just as)→Just as water is the most important of liquids, oxygen is the most important of gases.Unit 2 A1.警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。

(fill out)→The policemen are busy filling out forms about the accident.2.我想在还车之前把油箱(fuel tank)加满。

(fill up)→I want to fill up the fuel tank before returning the car.3.如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。

(follow the procedure)→If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure.4.要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成试验。

(without)→We c ouldn’t have finished the experiment so soon without John’s help.5.暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急的搜素湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。

(scan for)→After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat.Unit 2 B1.没有身份证我不能放任何人进来,但对你来说是例外(exception)。

(in one's case)→I’m not supposed to let anyone in without an ID card, but I’ll make an exception in your case.2.他已经中失败中汲取教训,不会犯同样的错误。

(learn a lesson from)→He has learned his lesson from the failure and won’t repeat the mistake.3. 我对你的能力很有信心,相信你一定能成功。

(have faith in)→I have great faith in your ability ---- I’m sure you’ll succeed.4.即使下着雨,我们还是继续比赛。

(even though)→Even though it was raining, we still went on with our match.5.我醒过来时,发现自己躺在医院的床上、(find oneself doing)→I woke up to find myself lying on a hospital bed.Unit 3 A1.我们需要减少道路上的车辆以降低燃料消耗。

(consumption)→We need to cut down on our fuel consumption by having fewer cars on the road.2.电费上涨增加了我们的负担。

(add to)→The rise in power costs has added to our burden.3.你应该自己判断行事,别总是跟在你哥哥的后面。

(follow the lead)→You should judge by yourself, and not always follow your brother’s lead.4.那种发型今年很流行,但是我想明年就会过时。

(in fashion)→That hairstyle is in fashion this year, but I am afraid it will be out of fashion next year.5.在追求真理的过程中,我们注定(fate to)要遭受失败的痛苦。

(in one's quest for)→We are fated to suffer from many failures in our quest for truth.Unit 3 B1.我发现量入为出的日子越来越难了。

(increasingly)→I find it increasingly difficult to live within my income. 2.现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。

(reach out)→Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches.3.应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。

(adopt)→Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.4.希望全班同学参加这些讨论。

(participate in)→Everyone in the class is expected to participate in these discussions.5.如果你犯了罪就必须收到惩罚。

(crime)→If you commit a crime you must expect to be punished. Unit 4 A1.她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。

(come in)→She waited at the bus stop until the last bus came in.2.如果我们能帮得上忙,尽管和我们联系。

(contact)→If there is any way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.3.他需要多少船务人员才能使他的游艇(yacht)航行?(crew)→How many crew does he need to sail his yacht?4.虽然她的新书没有上一本好,但是我还是喜欢她。

(not quite as)→I enjoyed her new book though it’s not quite as good as her last one.5.我从未遇到过如此善良的人。

(never before)→Never before have I met such a kind person.Unit 4 B1.公共汽车放慢速度并停下来,让那位乘客上车。

(slow down)→The bus slowed down and stopped to allow the passenger to get on board.2.许多车子都驶过去了,可是没有一辆愿意让我们搭便车。

(roll by)→Many vehicles rolled by, but no one offered us a ride.3.请勿践踏草地。

(get of)→Please get off the grass.4.他按妻子的吩咐,一下班就去了市场。

(make one's way)→He made his way to the marketplace right after work, as his wife had asked him to do.5.值得庆幸的是,史蒂夫从自行车上摔下来时没有摔断骨头。

(luckily)→Luckily, Steve didn't break any bones when he fell off his bike.Unit 5 A1.我们得把感情放在一边,从专业的角度来对待这件事情。

(from a...standpoint)→We have to put aside our emotions and take it from a professional standpoint.2.这部戏非常精彩,我很快就沉浸于激动人心的剧情中。

(lose oneself in)→The play was so wonderful that I soon lost myself in the excitement of it.3.她没哟什么爱好——除非你把看电视也算是一种爱好。

相关主题