当前位置:文档之家› 实用外贸英语函电(第二版)PPT练习答案AN (13)

实用外贸英语函电(第二版)PPT练习答案AN (13)

I. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words or expressions and than translate the sentences into Chinese..
1. On arrival of M/T “Castle” at Port Louis, we took delivery of the consignment. Everything
appears to be correct and in good condition except in case No. 23.
“Castle”轮一到达路易斯港,我方即行提货,除23号箱外,其余到货无误,情况良好。

2. We must ask you to inquire into the matter and arrange for the despatch of replacements at
once.
我们只好请你方调查这一事故,并请立即发运替换的货物。

3. The goods we have received do not tally with the sample against which we ordered.
到货和凭以订货的样品不符。

4. We have had the cases and their contents examined and the insurance surveyor maintains that
the damage was due to insecure packing and not to any unduly rough handling of the cases.
这些箱子和里面所装的货物,已均予检验,保险公司的检验员确认该货的损坏是由于包装不牢所致,而不是粗鲁搬运所造成。

5. We trust you will consider this matter seriously, and try to prevent a recurrence of this delay.
相信你方对这个问题一定会予认真考虑,并设法防止再次发生这样的延迟事故。

6. We hold you responsible any loss which may occur through this delay.
因这次延迟可能引起的任何损失,应由你方负责。

7. As the time for shipment is now considerably overdue, we should be obliged if you would
inform us, by return mail, of the reason for the delay.
由于现在运期已过时较久,请即告知延迟原因。

8. The goods in question are not to our satisfaction because the quality is unsuitable for this
market.
由于该货质量不适销我处市场,我方对该货不感兴趣。

9. We should appreciate your prompt attention to the adjustment of those errors.
请即纠正那些差错为感。

10. This seems to be a very clear case; so we hope you will make a prompt settlement.
案情已相当清楚,望速处理解决。

11. A survey report is enclosed for your reference and your early settlement is requested.
现随函寄去检验报告一份,供参考。

并请早日解决此案。

12. We regret to find on examination that 5 of the 15 cases of Menthol Crystals you sent us are
in a badly damaged condition apparently due to faulty packing.
运来的15箱薄荷脑,一经我方检验,就发现有5箱已严重损坏,该项损坏显为包装
缺陷所造成,深感遗憾。

II. Translate the following into English.
1. 希望类似的事情不会再发生。

We hope that similar cases will not recur.
2. 我们已经采取了有效的措施改进货物的包装。

所以,这样的损坏事情将不会再发生。

We have taken effective measures to improve the packing of the goods so that such damage will not happen again.
3. 你方7月28日MP9416号信, 声称五倍子交货不足已受到我方应有的注意。

Your letter Ref. MP9416 of July 28 claiming for short delivery of Gallnuts has received our due attention.
4. 这笔交易是按装船重量成交的。

由广州商品检验局出具的重量证明书,将作为最后
依据。

The transaction was concluded of shipped weight and the Certificate of Weight issued by the GCIB shall be taken as final.
5. 此箱保持完整, 原封未动。

很明显,箱内货物的损坏应由发货人负责。

Since the case remains intact and in good condition, it is obvious that responsibility for the damage to the contents should rest with the shippers.
6. 货物将由中国商检局检验,其检验结果将作为最后依据。

The goods will be inspected by China Commodity Inspection Bureau and their findings shall be taken as final.
7. 在向你方提出损失赔偿之后,我方已于7月7日寄给你方一份详细的检验证书。

We sent you a detailed inspection certificate of July 7 subsequent to our claim on you for the loss.。

相关主题