当前位置:文档之家› 船舶驾驶员实用英语口语-(36)

船舶驾驶员实用英语口语-(36)

Lesson Thirty-sevenDispute and Arbitration 争议与仲裁Dialog A: Cargo Shortage对话:短货Consignee: Chief Mate, the goods I received were found to be100 bags short landed.收货人:大副,我收到的货物少了100包。

Chief Mate: I’m afraid it’s not as many as you said.大副:恐怕没有您说的那么多吧。

Consignee: I can’t understand what you mean.收货人:我不懂您的意思。

Chief Mate: According to our investigation, there were only 50bags short landed.大副:根据我们的调查只少了50包。

Consignee: What I mean by 100 bags also includes those bagswhich are badly crushed.收货人:我听说的100包还包括那些被弄破的。

Chief Mate: I think that should attribute to the rough handling ofstevedoring company.大副:我认为这应归咎于装卸公司的野蛮装卸。

Consignee: There are still some bags that become damp.收货人:另外还有一些受潮的。

Chief Mate: The dampness resulted from improper packing,with which we are not concerned.大副:但受潮是由于包装不当导致的,与我方无关。

Dialog B: Cargo Damage对话2:货损Second Officer: Foreman, there are some bags badly crushed in thelower hold for the stevedores’damage duringdischarging.二副:工头,装卸工卸货时底舱一些袋子被弄破了。

Foreman: That’s impossible. The stevedores are quiteexperienced, you know.工头:不可能的,你知道这些装卸工都是非常有经验的。

Second Officer: But they don’t pay sufficient attention and careduring discharging.二副:但在装卸过程中他们不够小心谨慎。

Foreman: They just operate in accordance with therequirements.工头:他们都是按规则操作的。

Second Officer: Look, some stevedores are dragging bags withhooks. Can they know better than use hooks withbagged cargo?二副:看,一些装卸工正在用钩子拖袋子,他们不清楚打包货物不能用钩子吗?Foreman: Maybe they are eager to finish it in the time youstipulated. I’ll tell them not to do so.工头:可能他们急于在你们规定的时间内完工。

我会告诉他们不要那样做的。

Dialog C: Rusty对话3:生锈Cargo Owner: There are 100 sets of machines terribly rusty intransit.货主:运输途中有100套机器严重生锈。

Chief Mate: No, not in this case, I’m afraid. It must be rustybefore loading.大副:恐怕并非如此,一定是装运前就已经生锈了。

Cargo Owner: Every machine has been inspected strictly beforeloading. So I believe that rust must have occurredin transit by dampness at sea.货主:装运前每一台机器都经过严格检查,我认为一定是运输途中海上潮气导致的。

Chief Mate: But the investigation shows that when the goodswere unpacked, the wooden cases dry and theinside paper lining without water stains, only themachines inside were rusty.大副:但调查显示,货物开封时木箱是干的,里面衬纸无水渍,只有里面的机器生锈了。

Cargo Owner: I still don’t understand what that means.货主:我仍然不懂这意味着什么。

Chief Mate: It’s obvious that the machines were rusty beforeloading.大副:很明显机器在装运之前已经生锈了。

Cargo Owner: May I suggest that we go to see them ourselvestogether?货主:我建议我们一起去亲自看一下。

Chief Mate: OK, let’s do it this afternoon.大副:好,那我们下午就去。

Practical Expressions: 实用表达方式1.That’s a matter over which we could exercise no control.这是我们无法控制的事。

2.This seems to be a very clear case of neglect on your part.显而易见,问题是由于你方的疏忽所致。

3.They attributed the damage to the effects of dampness during thelong sea voyage.他们把货损归咎于长途海运中受潮了。

4.The latest lot, to our regret, is too serious to be overlooked.很遗憾最近一批货物情况如此糟糕。

5.Before we make a thorough investigation, we can’t but leave thequestion open.在我们进行彻底调查之前,只好将此事先搁置起来。

6.We cannot agree to your attributing the damage to rough handing intransit.我们不同意你方把残损归因于运输途中的野蛮装卸。

7.The shortage is due to insufficient of the original shipping weight.这次短卸是由于装船时重量不足引起的。

8.If you are not cooperative, we are going to ask for arbitration.如果你们不合作我们将提请仲裁。

9.This seems to be a very clear case and we hope you will see yourway to make a prompt settlement.看来情况已十分清楚,希望你方尽快解决。

10.Our investigation shows that damage was caused by improperpacking.我方检验证明,货物受损是由于包装不当造成的。

The damage to the goods resulted from improper packing.不当包装导致货物受损。

In consequence of improper packing, the goods were seriouslydamaged in transit.由于包装不当,货物在运输途中严重受损。

11.I regret to draw you attention to the fact that a shortage in weight of3 tons was noticed when the consignment arrived.很遗憾地提请你方注意,该货物到达时短少3吨。

12.The damage is due to the stress of weather.货损是由于恶劣天气所致。

13.This is an insurance case, with which we are not concerned.这是一件保险案例,与我们没有关系。

14.We don’t think that we can full in line with your views.我们不能同意你方意见。

15.Any losses that may occur during transportation shall be for youraccount.运输途中出现的任何损失均应由你方负担。

16.To some extent, we think the shipment is damaged.一定程度上,我们认为这批货有损坏。

17.We find all goods are in order except those in case No.5.除第5箱外,所有货物均良好。

18.We hope to arrive at a convergence of opinion on the matter inquestion.我们希望对所谈问题取得一致意见。

19.I, on behalf of the ship-owner, proclaim the Sea Protest.我代表船东提出海事声明。

20.The fault is on the part of shipping company.这是航运公司的错误。

21.You may rest assured that we will put the matter right.请放心我们会纠正此事。

相关主题