绝妙的翻译
汉译英时,多用物称主语。
1.走过草地几步,我们就到了一个华丽的大酒店。
A few steps across the lawn brought me to a large, splendid hotel.
2.他的心中充满了恐惧。
Fear gripped his heart.
3.清风拂过树梢。
A soft wind kissed the treetops.
4.那个寒冷的下午,他在雪地里跋涉。
That chilly afternoon witnessed him trudging in the
snow.
5.(我)便觉得有三分怅惘,三分无奈。
然而,思之又觉释然。
A touch of frustration and helplessness comes over me… a second thought brings me relieved
calm.
6.他失去了勇气。
Courage deserted him.
7.登上甲板,我们便见到了一轮旭日。
The morning sun greeted us as we came out on deck.
8.他看到的远处的帆影,点燃了求生的希望。
The appearance of a distant sail kindled his hope
of rescue.
9.发怒之后,我不难过,也不后悔。
Neither sorrow nor regret followed my passionate outburst.
10.今天青年期,他工作了,恋爱了。
Youth sees him on a job and in love.
11.2012年9月我在北京学习。
September 2012 found me studying in Beijing.
12.我想不起来他的名字了。
His name escapes me for the moment.
13.生日那天,他收到了大量的礼品和贺信。
Gifts and messages snowed in on her birthday.
14.他缺乏自信。
Diffidence has completely enslaved him.
15.汤姆毫无音乐鉴赏力。
All music is alike to Tom. (alike相当于of no difference)
16.他讲得有些离题了。
His talk seemed to branch out from the subject.
多用比喻性动词
17.无论我到哪儿,我的小弟弟总与我形影不离。
Wherever I go, my little brother dogs my
footsteps.
18.别动我手机。
Don’t monkey with my phone.
19.Jack craned to see the coins in the well. 杰克伸长了脖子看井里的硬币。
20.总的说来,学生看是认真而又用功的,但是他们只是死背教科书。
On the whole, the students seem serious and hard-working, but they confined themselves to parroting textbooks.。