当前位置:文档之家› 英汉对比与翻译

英汉对比与翻译

华 中 师 范 大 学 本 科 生 课 程 论 文论文题目 English-Chinese Contrast and Translation完成时间 2013.05.31课程名称 英汉对比与翻译专 业 辅修第二学位英语专业年 级 2010英语第二学位辅修本科生注:本科生须在规定期限内完成课程论文,并用A4页面打印,加此封面装订成册后,送交评审教师。

教师应及时评定成绩,并至迟在下学期开学后两周内将此课程论文及成绩报告单一并交本单位本科生教学秘书存档。

姓 名 郭培斌 学 号 2010210596成 绩 评卷人English-Chinese Contrast and TranslationI. IntroductionI have learned the “Comparison of English and Translation:An Introduction ” for a semester and I would like to talk about some of my own understanding of this course here .II. Native Language Transfer in first language learning : Interference or Facilitation ?Some people may ask what is language transfer . Transfer is the influence resulting from the similarities and differences between the target language and any other language that has been previously acquired . (Od-lin , 1989 : 27 )We could divided translate into two part : Negative Transfer and Positive Transfer .By awareness of the similarities and differences between the two languages can facilitate first language learning .2.1 Negative TransferTo sum up , there are probably three causes would form negative transfer . Firstly , analogical use of one’s prior knowledge of the mother tongue makes us study Chinese-style English easier . Secondly , Confusion comes from scanty knowledge of differences between the two languages . Thirdly , we always unconscious falling back on the mother tongue since customary .For a few example :2.1.1 The writer likes writing at light (night) .The sound /n/ does not exist in some Chinese dialects and /l/ serves as a substitute .2.1.2 He only eat two meal a day .Neither nouns nor verbs have inflections in Chinese .2.1.3 Shanghai is said to have thirteen million population .The noun renkou , the Chinese equivalent of “population ”can have a numerical pre-modifier .2.1 4 He suggested me to accept this offer .The verb jianyi , the Chinese equivalent of “suggest ” can be used in VOC pattern in Chinese .2.1.5 --Your English is wonderful .--No , no . My English is still poor .The negative reply to a compliment is considered in Chinese as modest and courteous .We could turn negative transfer into positive by making analysis on differences between the two languages and arouse the learner’s awareness of avoiding or reducing errors from analogy .III. Contrast and Translation : Enlightenment on translation from the contrastbetween the two languages3.1 Contrast between English and Chinese3.1.1 difference 1English : Impersonal Chinese : Personal1. Astonishment and even horror oppressed him .他感到惊讶甚至恐惧。

2. Excitement deprived me of all power of utterance .我兴奋得什么话都说不出来。

3. The sight of the big tree always reminds me of my childhood .我一看到那课大树就想起了童年的情景。

3.1.2 difference 2English : Passive Chinese : Active1. They are paid for this .他们拿钱就是干这事的。

2. The difficulties have been overcome , and the problem solved .苦难克服了,问题就解决了。

3. Table tennis is played all over China .打兵乓球风靡中国。

4. Why should all these unpleasant jobs be pushed on to me ?为什么总要把这些麻烦事退给我?3.1.3 difference 3English : Static Chinese : Dynamic1. She is the best hater I’ve ever known .我所认识的人中数她最会记仇。

2. There is a crying need tor a new remedy .现在急需想出新法子来补救。

3. It was only my capacity for hard word that saved me from early dismissal .要不是我能干重活,早就给辞退了。

3.1.4 difference 4English : Complex Chinese :Simple1. It is advised that the man who was seen to take an umbrella from the lecture theatre last Sunday put it back if he does not wish to get into trouble .上星期傍晚,有人看到某人在演讲厅取走雨伞一把,取伞者如不愿卷入纠纷,还是将伞放回原处为好。

2. The image of the rolling water carrying the man and his car away in an instant is still imprinted on my mind .顷刻之间,滚滚的浊水连人带车一股脑儿都给冲走了。

这情景,直到现在还印在我的脑海里。

3.1.5 difference 5English : Abstract Chinese : Concrete1. He was impressed by Deng Xiaoping’s flexibility .他对邓小平的灵活态度印象深刻。

2. Their eccentricity often makes you frown .他们的古怪行为常常令人皱眉。

3. We stepped onto the mysterious land with caution and uneasiness .我们怀着谨慎和不安的心情踏上了那片神秘的国土。

3.1.6 difference 6English : Hypotactic Chinese : Paratactic1. If you don’t cmpare , you’re in the dark , but the moment you do ,you get a shock .不比不知道,一比吓一跳。

2. The onlooker sees most of the game .当局者迷,旁观者清。

3 In calamity , one sees the true friendship .疾风知劲草,患难见真情。

3.1.7 difference 7English :plain and factual Chinese :rhythmic and symmetrical1. He is a smart , dloquent , upright and well-informed lawyer .他是一个律师,脑子灵,口才好,为人正直,见多识广。

2. She was an intelligent ,attractive and somewhat temperamental daughter of a well-to-do doctor .她聪明、漂亮、爱耍点小脾气,是一个家道小康的医生的女儿。

相关主题